Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's been 4 Months!


4 months ago today, on May 3, 2011, Matt and I left Vancouver for the adventure of a lifetime - and that it has truly been since day one.

We have had the time of our lives travelling.  We've met some incredible people, made new friends, have seen some of the most amazing sights that Europe has to offer and have only encountered less than a handful of difficulties (ie. Paris....ok, France in general and some issues with train reservations) along the way.  Matt and I have travelled so well together - it helps that we've known each other since we were born and also having talked a lot before we left about how we deal with situations when things don't go as we anticipated.  We are both extremely easy-going people who have the ability to see the positive in just about everything, and this has made for an exceptionally great trip thus far!

After our time in Venice, Matt and I parted ways which we had planned to do as we have different itineraries and timeframes for the remainder of our journey.  I will be back home just in time for Christmas and Matt won't be returning home until next April/May.  He's not even half way through his journey and I have just reached the half way point.

The next 3.5 months for me is going to be busy.  Here's what I have planned so far:

·         I'll be in Italy for almost a full month.  The rest of my time in Italy will be spent in Rome, the Amalfi Coast (Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Pompeii and Postiano) and Polignano a Mare.

·         Sailing trip up the Dalmation Coast in Croatia from Dubrovnik to Split

·         Back to Greece to visit Athens just for a day (pray for me while I’m in Athens – I’ve heard of so many stories of people being mugged recently. I am actually  nervous to go to Athens) and then off to relax on Santorini Island 

·         African Safari which includes Tanzania, Malawi, Botswana, Zambia & South Africa

·         Shark Cage Dive in Cape Town, South Africa – I am over the moon excited for this!!!

·         Turning 28 on November 2nd! The last time I was travelling on my birthday, I celebrated by snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.  I have yet to decide how to mark my 28th.  I'll be in Australia...any suggestions? I'm thinking skydiving again, but it would be cool to do something new.

·         Visiting family in Australia (I don't think I'll tour around as I saw the entire country with the exception of Perth and a few smaller cities in 2006). If I am able to find a temp job for a few weeks, that would be perfect as I do have a working visa for 12 months once I enter Australia!  It would be great to replenish some of my savings account :) 

·         Visiting family in Auckland, New Zealand and then off to tour the South Island (I toured around the North Island in 2006). I may make a pit stop in Rotorua (North Island) and indulge in the Polynesian spas!

·         Visiting family in Fiji and island-hopping

·         Return to Vancouver in time for Christmas! 99 more sleeps until I get to cuddle with my own pillow and sleep under my feather duvet covers.  99 more sleeps until I get to see my family and play with my adorable nieces.  99 more sleeps until my body goes into shock due to cold weather...eek! 99 more sleeps until reality returns and my travelling adventures comes to a end.

I look forward to the next 3.5 months - it's going to be quite the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment