Friday, May 6, 2011

Chelsea Football Club and Abbey Road

This is my first post via iPod. Let's see how this goes. It will be very brief, that I guarantee!

Today was a pretty laid back day. After spending the first few days on the go, we planned a leisurely day. After sleeping in, we got ready and headed towards Chelsea Football Club for a tour of the stadium. Very cool! Reminded me of a backstage tour I went on in New York of Madison Square Gardens. Our tour included visiting the changing rooms for both Chelsea and away teams, the press box, conference room, and other areas of the stadium. This tour came recommended to us by Matt's friend Pete, who is a huge Chelsea fan. We'll be staying with Pete in just a few days when we head north to Manchester.

After the stadium tour we headed toward Abbey Road and Abbey Road Studios made famous by the Beatles. There were quite a few tourists in the area trying to snap photos of their family/friends crossing Abbey Road which caused drivers to honk, but hey, that's the small price you pay for travelling along Abbey Road.

We then headed back to our hostel but were stuck in commuter chaos. One of the trains had broken down and had to be removed from the track which caused a severe backlog of passengers trying to get to their destination. We decided to hang back for a half hour and hope the crowd would dissipate, but it didn't. We ended up joining the throngs of people and were crammed into a train like sardines. Thankfully, we only had to go about 4 stops and those squished in my personal bubble did not have any weird odours :)

We then got off the train at our stop, picked up some groceries for dinner and our tour tomorrow to Stonehenge and Bath, and went back to our hostel.

We're up early for our tour so good night! Plus my thumbs are fatigued from typing!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you enjoy your tour tomorrow! I am interested in hearing what you thought about Bath. I think I remember the pubs in Bath having lunch Happy Hours...and I know how much you liked those specials in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous trip so far Jane! Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete