Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Australia - Brisbane & Surfers Paradise

Following my African adventures, I spent 2 weeks in Brisbane and at Surfers Paradise relaxing.  This was my vacation away from my vacation :) I backpacked around Australia during 2006 and visited Sydney, Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise, Brisbane, Whitsunday Islands, snorkled the Great Barrier Reef, camped in the Outback in Alice Springs/Uluru, went to Adelaine & Melbourne and drove the Great Ocean Road. 

This time I focused on spending more time with my aunt in Brisbane and visiting extended family who live in the Brisbane area. Thanks to all my extended family who welcomed me into their homes and fed me way too much food - it was absolutely delicious!

Here are some pics from Brisbane:







And here are a couple photos from beautiful Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast:







I had a very relaxing time in Brisbane and in Surfers Paradise - I can't wait to come back here in the future.  I still have my Australian working visa for 12 months and just may come back here for a few months in 2012 for work (depending on the job situation/economy in Vancouver).  My aunt has already offered for me to stay at her house rent free and I've received similar offers from other family members in the Brisbane area - very tempting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment