Thursday, August 11, 2011

Portugal - Lagos

Oh Europe - why must you be so beautiful? From July 21 to 25th, we spent 4 awesome days enjoying all that Lagos had to offer.  Our original plan was to spend 2 days in Lagos, but due to some train & bus scheduling issues, our 2 days turned into 4 and I could not think of a better place to have 2 extra unplanned days :)

On our first day in Lagos, I went to the marina and got myself on a boat to tour the Grotto - the coastline of Lagos. It was beautiful...seriously, beautiful.  The boat tour was €10 and one hour long and filled with spectacular scenery of the cliffs, caves and beaches.  Here are some pics from my boat ride:


 Notice the little white sandy beach?




The rest of my time in Lagos was spent relaxing.  My best friend Deanna gave me a generous amount of Euros to spend on spa treatments/pampering while travelling and after 2.5 months on the road, I wanted and needed a massage.  I found myself a massage therapist who gave me an awesome full body massage.  Thank you Deanna!!!

Aside from the massage, I spent many hours at the beach and walking around the city.  Here are some of my other pics from Lagos:






As for Matt, he too spent much of his time at the beach but he also went on his 2nd dive in Lagos. Check out the "Comments" section below for Matt's feedback regarding Lagos and information about his dive.

1 comment:

  1. Lagos was a afantastic place for us to relax for 5 nights! Nice beaches and cheap! So cheap I went out to eat! I went to a nice steak house call Don Toros. Their special was a salad, a rack of ribs and a half plate of fries and I opted for the expensive "coke" the final bill was about 14 dollars canadian! At home that would be at least 18 dollars!

    I too went for a boat ride but mine was indeed on a dive boat! It was my first cave dive and I saw my second octopus! The visibility wasnt very good and the water was cold at about 13*C!!!! Still good to be back in the water I can't wait to do more dives!

    ReplyDelete