Thursday, April 21, 2011

Saying Good-bye

Today was my last day at work.  It was much harder than I thought to say good-bye to many of my co-workers...many who have become friends over the past 4 years.  So many sweet words were expressed to me that melted my heart.  It's amazing the impact that others can have in your life and the impact you can have in the lives of others without realizing it.  I never expected that some co-workers/friends would shed tears over my departure. Oh man, there were a few moments of water works today that were truly special.

I will miss many of my co-workers & friends who made my time at work memorable. Those who supported me when times were tough (both with work situations and with personal situations), made me laugh (so many great conversations in the 12th floor lunch room - placenta facials anyone?), those who trusted me with their personal dilemmas/issues and sought my advice, and those who were just a friendly face :)

It was definitely a bittersweet day. Saying good-bye solidified that my trip is coming up in 12 days! I still have so much to do before I go.  Doctor/Orthodontist appointments, bank appointments, amending car insurance to fire/theft, packing, calling credit card companies, exchanging currency, scanning travel documents/passport/credit cards, and more! How do I go about buying time?

I'm off to finish watching the 3rd period of the Canucks/Blackhawks game. Ouch! 5-0 Chicago :(

No comments:

Post a Comment