Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's Official - I'm going!

My one way plane ticket to London is booked! Not only did I book my plane ticket, I also booked a 2 month continuous Euro Rail pass and applied for my working holiday visa for Australia. What is even more exciting for me is that within 2 days of applying for the visa, it was approved! Talk about efficiency.  No wonder I love that country (Australia)!

On May 3, 2011, I will be in for the adventure of a lifetime.  On the agenda thus far: England, Scotland, Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Turkey, South Africa, Egypt, an African Safari, Australia, Fiji and New Zealand.  Time and money permitting, I'd love to see some of South East Asia as well, maybe even India! The itinerary is pretty rough looking right now but within the next 4 months it will be polished up quite nicely.  The only thing my travelling buddy (Matt) and I are certain about is that we must see the running of the bulls in Pamploma, Spain!  That is scheduled to happen between July 6 to 14th, so we'll definitely be spending a few days in Pamploma taking part in the festivities.

Prior to heading abroad, there is a ton of stuff to do!  Purchase travel insurance, research where to go & what to do, exchange currencies, decide what to pack and what to leave behind, immunizations/vaccines, Visas for countries to visit, working Visa for UK, selecting African Safari trip, book first few nights accomodations in London, and the list goes on.  I also have a huge decision to make regarding my current job.  Do I ask for an unpaid leave of absence for a specific time period (which I am about 75% certain they would deny my request) or do I give 2 weeks notice in mid-April?  I've been weighing the pros and cons heavily for the past couple days and have not come any closer to reaching a decision.  The only positive is that I do have at least 2 more months to decide what I will end up doing!  If you have any advice, I'm all ears.

That should do it for my first posting.  I hope to maintain this blog with updates on the travel planning and then on the travel adventures.  Keep checking in!

1 comment:

  1. Nice write up! Reading it made me even more excited! Get laid off from your job or just get fired then you can at least collect ei when we come back so you can find a good job and not settle. You never know you may not wanna come back haha!

    ReplyDelete